Would you be surprised to know I’m working my way through the alphabet for my Reading My Shelves: A To Z Edition challenge? I’ll be honest, I am. I didn’t think it would stick, but it has. Since I’m a little over halfway through, I thought I’d take a few minutes to let you know how the first half has gone.
- A Sweet Mess by Jayci Lee — DNF (yes, I know technically this should be an “S” not an “A” but I don’t care 😉)
- The Best Man Plan by Jaci Burton — ★★★
- Clutch by Lisa Becker — DNF
- The Devil of Downtown by Joanna Shupe — ★★★★★
- Every Summer After by Carley Fortune — ★★★★★
- The Fifth Favor by Shelby Reed — ★★★★
- Getting Hot with the Scot by Melonie Johnson — DNF
- Hana Khan Carries On by Uzma Jalaluddin — ★★★★
- It’s in His Kiss by Julia Quinn — ★★★★★
- Justified by Jay Crownover — ★★★★
- The Knockout Rule by Kelly Siskind — ★★★★★
- Love, Lists and Fancy Ships by Sarah Grunder Ruiz — ★★★★
- Make Up Break Up by Lily Menon — DNF
So out of 13 books, that makes:
- 4 ★★★★★
- 4 ★★★★
- 1 ★★★
- 4 DNF
It’s been great to have a different way to look at my shelves when I’m trying to decide which book to tackle next. I’m reading fewer new releases, but it feels so good to get through (or DNF) some books that have lingered on my shelves for years. I’ve discovered some new favorites and decided some authors just aren’t for me, which was liberating.
I know I’ve not finished my first round, but I’m already planning on doing a second one. Instead of print books, I might focus on ARCs or audiobooks. Or ebooks. I haven’t decided yet. For now, I’m going to keep on keeping on (I’m actually up to “Q”) and worry about round two once I finish the first. For the record, the second half of the alphabet is MUCH harder than the first. I was lucky to find a “Q” book. I’m not sure what I’m going to do for “X” or “Z” yet. 😂😅
How do you decide what to read next?
Have you ever done an alphabet challenge?