Oh hey, 2021. It’s damn nice to see you. After a lackluster reading year in 2020 — at least when it comes to numbers — I decided to simplify things for this year. I’d only planned to do two challenges — Goodreads and the Tackle My TBR one I host — but I let one more sneak in last week. Here’s what I’ve got.
2020 Reading Challenges
- Goodreads Reading Challenge
- Tackle My TBR Reading Challenge
- #12reads12friendsin2021 Challenge
Keep on scrolling to learn more about each challenge and the goals I’ve set for them.
Goodreads Reading Challenge
Since I use Goodreads to track my reading, it seems silly not to participate in their challenge. You know what’s funny? I looked back at my goals for 2020 and I was SO CONFIDENT with my goal of 175 books. Boy, did I jinx myself. I ended up with just a little over 100 books in 2020, so I’ve lowered my goal A LOT for this new year.
- 100 books (though I’d really like to get to 113 so I do one more than I did in 2020)
Tackle My TBR Reading Challenge
I’m hosting this challenge again this year! You should think about joining me. 😉
- Read FOUR books from my TBR each month.
- I’m shooting for the Touchdown — 61+ TBR books — level in the challenge, which means I’ll read more than 4 each month. Go big or go home, right?
- I also hope to review (at least) half of them, so I’m shooting for the Extra Point review challenge.
I spotted this challenge on Instagram last year and loved the idea. Of course, I also failed miserably at completing it. I decided it was worth giving a go in 2021 so I made some templates — you can find them in my story highlights on Instagram — and go to town. I’ve got a great TBR for this one so I’m pretty stoked.
- Finish my TBR of books recommended by 12 of my friends!
I’m really excited about the challenges I’ve committed to in 2021. As far as tracking goes, I’ll be giving monthly updates on my progress in my That’s a Wrap post and adding them to challenge-specific shelves on Goodreads. I’ll likely talk about at least my Tackle My TBR and #12reads12friendsin2021 progress on Instagram, so you can follow me there!
Did you sign up for any reading challenges for 2021?
If not, did you set any goals? What are they?