I’m getting this announcement in just under the wire, but YES, the Tackle My TBR Reading Challenge is returning for 2021! I know there is no shortage of TBR-based challenges out there. I’m not the only blogger or reader who struggles with this. If you’re looking to tackle YOUR TBR and want a low-key challenge to help you along the way, the Tackle My TBR Reading Challenge might be right up your alley. I hope you’ll join me.
- The 2021 Tackle My TBR Reading Challenge runs January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to read at least ONE book from your TBR every month. It can be an ARC, ebook, audiobook or print – your choice. Any reading is good reading!
- If one TBR book a month isn’t enough, set your goal higher! Do you think you can read five a month? Ten? Go big or go home! There are some goal levels below if that’s your thing.
- You don’t have to be a blogger to participate. You can track your progress on Goodreads, Insta, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube… wherever you want!
- Use #TackleMyTBR2021 on social media.
- Feel free to use the banner graphic on your posts and/or social media.
- Link up below to declare your intentions.
- Tell your friends! [Shortlink: https://ki.mreads.link/tacklemytbr2021]
Back again this year: challenge levels! (Unsurprising to anyone who knows me, they’re football-themed.) Pick a level, any level! (These are all based on a 1-5+ books per month average.)
- Safety: read 12 TBR books
- Blitz: read 13-24 TBR books
- First Down: read 25-36 TBR books
- Field Goal: read 37-48 TBR books
- Hail Mary: read 49-60 TBR books
- Touchdown: read 61+ TBR books
And because reviewing is so important, I’ve added a couple of bonus levels!
- Extra Point: review half of the TBR books you read
- Two-Point Conversion: review all the TBR books you read
Also, back this year: Story templates for tracking your progress on Instagram! (Or anywhere, really.) Look for those on Instagram too! I’ll also add them to this post. (Click on the images below to download the full-size versions.)
But wait, there’s more! Monthly themes! You can choose to follow the themes or not. It’s totally up to you. (And, just for the record, not ALL the books you read that month have to meet the theme. One is just fine.) They’re fairly vague and totally open for interpretation. There are no hard and fast rules here!
It’s up to you to track your goal however you’d like. I plan on including my own update in my monthly That’s a Wrap post. I’ll also be tracking on Instagram and on a Goodreads shelf dedicated to the Tackle My TBR Reading Challenge. You do whatever works for you.
Happy reading, friends!
Will you sign up for the Tackle My TBR Reading Challenge?
What’s your goal?