I love supporting small businesses. Especially bookish small businesses. There are so many talented and creative folks out there putting their hearts and souls into their creations every day. In times like these, it’s important to #StandWithSmall businesses and I’m grateful for a platform like Etsy for making it so easy to do.
I hope you’ll find some good recommendations here, whether you’re looking for bookish goodies for yourself or the book lover in your life. I’ve personally purchased items from a majority of the sellers below and I highly recommend them for their quality and service. There are a few that are new-to-me, but they come highly-recommended from bookish friends who I trust to tell the truth.
(Note: affiliate links ahead. Items purchased using these links will provide a small commission.)
Looking for a way to protect your precious books?
Aside from books themselves, book sleeves are probably the bookish item I spend the most money on. I have a ridiculous amount of sleeves that I’ve purchased from several shops.
- Novel Nuzzler — full disclosure: I’ve repped for Suzanne twice now, but that’s not why her sleeves always top my recommendations list. I love the quality, fabrics, shipping time, and customer service offered by her shop. She just got done with a big sale a couple of weeks ago, but I’d imagine she’ll be adding more fabrics soon. One of my favorites, naturally, is the WVU fabric. Looking for something specific? Message her. She does custom orders!
- Ardent Admirations — Jess is taking a break from her shop right now, but she’s worth a favorite regardless. I adore her, her sleeves and her super cute mug rugs.
- CreatedbyRae — I’ve only purchased one sleeve (Brown with Rose Gold Swirls) from this shop, but I’m more or less obsessed with it. She has several cute prints in her shop right now. Like this one with kittens in red sweaters and this watermelon guts one.
- RockPaperWords — I’ve never bought a sleeve from this shop, but I did receive one as a gift and I loved it. It’s not currently in her shop, but I have my eye on this navy and gold sleeve and this white one with gold roses. And this fabulous Pride & Prejudice bookmark.
- Good Vibes, Good Books — I follow Kelsy on Instagram and she’s just wonderful. I haven’t had a chance to shop with her store yet, but I’ve heard wonderful things. In fact, I have Follow Your Arrow and Snuggle Grey Plaid in my cart as I type this.
Need a candle to brighten your mood — and your home?
I’m a bit of a candle hoarder. Ok, not a “bit”. I’m a full-on candle hoarder. I’m a total sucker for a good fandom or bookish candle and I’ve purchased from A LOT of shops. Believe me when I say they are NOT all created equal.
- Novelly Yours — Easily one of the best of the best candle shops. Brittany is a great small business owner. I love the variety of candles she offers. Everything from the fandom specific Broomstick Bar to generally bookish like Book Boyfriend. She makes both YA and romance-themed candles. The quality is A+ and the customer service is as well.
- Bubble & Geek — Another best of the best candle shop! Winter in the Wizarding Village smells SO GOOD. I only burn it in very short increments because I’m determined to make it last. I’m also a big fan of her Appalachia candle. It reminds me of my roots. I’m also a big fan of her lip balms, but more on that below. 😉
- Cherry Pit Crafts — I’ve only owned two of their candles — Bibliophile and Wizard Brew — and both are AMAZING. Bibliophile is the best coffee-scented candle I’ve ever smelled. And Wizards Brew? Well, if you like Butterbeer look no further.
Want to show off your personality with a pin or two… whenever we get to leave home again?
Or, you know, maybe just hang on a pin banner like mine are right now?
- Dust and Pages — I bought this bibliohoe pin last year at ApollyCon. I just couldn’t pass it up when I saw it on display there. It gives me a good chuckle every time I see it. I also snagged this Harry Potter nerd pin from their offerings. There are a lot of other fandom-specific pins in their shop, too.
- Fable & Black — I adore this Book Lover pin and I really need to buy this Introvert one. If you’re looking for something other than pins, check out their buttons, stickers, keychains and MORE.
- Icey Designs — As I was writing this post, I ended up buying a pack of three pins from this shop! I picked Bookstagram, Books & Tea, and Live Wondrously.
Need a way to mark your spot until it’s time to read again?
Confession: I don’t really buy or use bookmarks. I love looking at them and I always covet other readers’ collections, but I rarely use the ones I have. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a monster who dog-ears pages while she’s reading. I’m more of the “use this random post-it, letter, whatever is lying around to mark my spot” kind of person.
- Lyndsey Draws Co. — I’ve not yet shopped with Lyndsey, but this cat and bookshelves bookmark is adorable. A reading tracker and bookmark in one? Super cool. And this sticker is the best. In fact, I’d love this design on a mug.
- Dreamy & Co. — This shop has a lot of great bookish goodies. There are super cute book sleeves, enamel pins, and magnetic bookmarks. I’m personally in love with this Shatter Me bookmark and this #shelfie bookmark.
- Laura Stites Art — Another great shop recommended by a friend. I’m in love with her semi-transparent bookmarks and this sticker. Oh, and this cat bookmark, of course.
Desperately want/need some “me time”?
While not exactly bookish, I am all about self-care, especially right now. Is there anything better than relaxing in the bath with a book? (And maybe a glass of wine?) Bath bombs and salts are my kryptonite. I also love a good lip balm. Typically I turn to mainstream big businesses for my goodies, but a friend recommended two of these shops and I’ll be checking them out ASAP. The third is a fave for candles *and* lip balm. I need to check out her other offerings though.
- The Soap Librarian — This shop was a rec from a trusted friend and book lover. I’ve got my eye on In the Library and Buttery Brew.
- Whipped Up Wonderful — If I were buying from this shop today, I’d snag the Aphrodite Bath Bomb, Mermaid Kisses Bath Bomb, and Unicorn Bath Bomb.
- Bubble & Geek — You saw above that I’m a big fan of Bubble & Geek’s candles. The last time I ordered, I picked up a Butterscotch Brew lip balm, too. (I’m a sucker for anything butterscotch.) I’m intrigued by her Cherry Slush bar soap and River’s Kiss fragrance roll-on, too.
- Cherry Pit Crafts — One can never have too much butterscotch or Butterbeer flavored lip gloss, right? I love their Wizard Brew.
Photo credits: (1) yours truly (2) yours truly (3) yours truly (4) Bubble & Geek (5) Dust and Pages (6) Fable & Black (7) Lyndsey Draws Co. (8) Dreamy & Co. (9) The Soap Librarian (10) Whipped Up Wonderful
What are some of your favorite bookish Etsy shops?
Do you collect bookish merch?
What are your favorite things to collect?