It’s absolutely no secret I struggle with my TBR. (I wouldn’t have created the Tackle My TBR Challenge if I didn’t!) I know I’m not alone. It’s so tough to focus on older books you own when there are new books released — or up for review — nearly every day.
Real talk time: I’ve been in a bit of a reading/blogging funk the last few months. (You can probably tell by the lack of activity here.) I think it’s partially because I’m more or less reading on a schedule, something that never really interested me. It makes blogging feel too much like work and, at the end of the day, this is still a hobby. It’s supposed to be fun. It might be because I took on too much, but I’ve found I kinda resent my ARCs at times. THAT IS NOT OK. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not ungrateful. AT ALL. I’m giddy every time I receive a new book for review. I’m so thankful for the opportunity to read SO MANY of my favorite authors’ words before they’re released. But I have all these books on my shelves (and TBR carts and eReader) that I was excited about at one time. I want to give them some love, too.
I got to thinking about all this over the weekend and decided I need to shift my focus a little. Hit the reset button if you will. I only have a couple ARCs for March and I’m going to (try to) keep it that way. (The struggle is real.) Instead of focusing on the new and upcoming books in March, I want to truly tackle my TBR. With that, TBR March was born. I posted about it on Instagram and received good feedback from other readers and bloggers who are facing the same struggle, so I decided to make it a thing.
If you feel like your TBR is getting the best of you, you’re not alone. Join me for the TBR March Reading Challenge!
- The TBR March Reading Challenge runs March 1-31, 2019. Sign up by March 5.
- The goal is to read TBR books. Easy-peasy. It’s up to you how many. (And you don’t have to read ONLY TBR books!)
- The TBR book can be an ARC, ebook, audiobook or print – your choice.
- You don’t have to be a blogger to participate. You can track your progress on Goodreads, Insta, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube… wherever you want!
- Use #TBRMarch19 on social media.
- Do you bookstagram? Check out the weekly challenge!
- Feel free to use the banner graphic on your posts and/or social media.
- Link up below to declare your intentions.
- Tell your friends!
I’ll post about my goals for the challenge a little closer to the first of March. You can also keep an eye on my Instagram account as I’ll share some things there, too. Oh, and speaking of Instagram, here’s the weekly challenge graphic in case you’re interested in it.
If you’re also doing the Tackle My TBR Challenge, these two pair very nicely together. Also — I’ll be announcing the date for the Q1 readathon in the coming days. (Spoiler alert: it’ll be in March. Obviously.)
Gather up your TBR books, link up below and get ready to READ ALL THE BOOKS in March! Who else is excited?!
Is your TBR as overwhelming as mine?
Are you joining the challenge?