As 2018 winds down and it’s time to think about my goals for 2019, I decided last year’s Tackle My TBR Challenge was such a success I just had to do it again. So far this year, I’ve read 70 books from my TBR. Only a few hundred left to go! 😂😭At least I’ll have lots of options for 2019, right?
I know there are no shortage of TBR-based challenges out there. I’m not the only blogger or reader who struggles with this. If you’re looking to tackle YOUR TBR and want a low-key challenge to help you along the way, the new-and-improved Tackle My TBR Challenge might be right up your alley.
- The 2019 Tackle My TBR Challenge runs January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to read at least ONE book from your TBR every month. It can be an ARC, ebook, audiobook or print – your choice. Any reading is good reading!
- If one TBR book a month isn’t enough, set your goal higher! Do you think you can read five a month? Ten? Go big or go home! Just for fun, I’ve added some levels below.
- You don’t have to be a blogger to participate. You can track your progress on Goodreads, Insta, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube… wherever you want!
- Use #TackleMyTBR2019 on social media.
- Feel free to use the banner graphic on your posts and/or social media.
- Link up below to declare your intentions.
- Tell your friends!
New this year: challenge levels! (And yes, they’re football-themed.)
Pick a level, any level! (These are all based on a 1-5+ books per month average.)
- Safety: read 12 TBR books
- Blitz: read 13-24 TBR books
- First Down: read 25-36 TBR books
- Field Goal: read 37-48 TBR books
- Hail Mary: read 49-60 TBR books
- Touchdown: read 61+ TBR books
And because reviewing is so important, I’ve added a couple bonus levels!
- Extra Point: review half of the TBR books you read
- Two Point Conversion: review all the TBR books you read
Quarterly Readathon & Tracking Templates
Also new this year? I’m planning a quarterly readathon — and some templates for tracking your progress on Instagram. (Or really, wherever you prefer.) More details coming soon. Make sure you’re following me on Instagram and Twitter for updates!
But wait, there’s more! Monthly themes! You can choose to follow the themes or not. It’s totally up to you. (And, just for the record, not ALL the books you read that month have to meet the theme. One is just fine.)
It’s up to you to track your goal however you’d like. I plan on including my own update in my monthly That’s a Wrap post. I’ll also be tracking on Instagram and on a Goodreads shelf dedicated to the Tackle My TBR Challenge. You do whatever works for you. Part of the fun of a challenge like this is seeing how everyone else is progressing, so I’ll create a linkup near the end of each month so you can share your progress!
Did you sign up?
What’s your goal?