Have you heard about Audible’s new Romance Package? If not, don’t worry. I’m here to tell you everything I know about it — and highlight some of the titles I was excited to find available to borrow. It’s only been about a week since they debuted the Romance Package, but I signed up on the first day and I have to say… I am hooked.
So what exactly IS the Audible Romance Package? Great question. Let’s start there. If you’re familiar with Kindle Unlimited, it’s basically that, but for audiobooks instead of ebooks. In short, it’s an awesome lending library. I don’t claim to be an expert on either of these, by any means, but I can still tell you a few things. 😉
Audible Romance Package allows subscribers to:
- borrow unlimited romance audiobook titles each month (there are thousands to choose from).
- borrow up to 10 eligible titles at a time (return one, get a new one).
- skip “to the good part” of any title on the Audible website (hear audio samples from special moments in the story).
- see each book’s “Steaminess Score” on the Audible website (the scale ranges from Sweet to O-O-OMG).
- browse by romance category, character type, story themes and steaminess level (love this).
- add books to your library and download (no streaming here, folks!) for mobile listening.
- listen to borrowed books on your Alexa devices, like Echo!
Of course, much like the titles you borrow with Kindle Unlimited, you don’t actually OWN the titles. If you cancel your account, the titles will disappear. I have heard that your highlights and notes DO NOT disappear — that if you borrow a book again or decide to buy it, they’ll be there — but I can’t verify that.
I was admittedly a little skeptical at first because this offer seemed too good to be true, but I’ve not found a catch yet. What I have found is that I’m finding ways to add more audiobook listening time into my day and I’m trying new-to-me authors I probably wouldn’t have otherwise if I had to buy each book.
What kind of selection are we talking here? Are they all just a bunch of crap no one would want to listen to anyhow? No. Not even close! I was seriously impressed with the number of both indie and traditionally pubbed authors whose titles are available through the Audible Romance Package. I can’t possibly list all of them — and my tastes may differ from yours — but here’s a sampling of the authors (and some of the titles!) you’ll find:
- A.L. Jackson (A Stone in the Sea, Come to Me Quietly)
- Brighton Walsh (Plus One, All I’m Asking For)
- Elle Kennedy (Midnight Rescue, Claimed, Feeling Hot)
- Helena Hunting (Pucked, Pucked Up, Pucked Over)
- Jennifer L. Armentrout (The Return, Wicked, Obsidian)
- Jill Shalvis (Simply Irresistible, Animal Magnetism)
- Karina Halle (Where Sea Meets Sky, The Pact, Smut)
- Kendall Ryan (The Fix Up, Screwed, The Room Mate)
- Kristen Ashley (Complicated, Wildest Dreams)
- Kristen Proby (Come Away With Me, Easy Love)
- L.H. Cosway (The Hooker and the Hermit, Painted Faces, Six of Hearts)
- Lauren Blakely (The Knocked Up Plan, Most Valuable Playboy, The Sexy One)
- Lia Riley (Last First Kiss, Right Wrong Guy, Best Worst Mistake)
- Mariana Zapata (Lingus, Kulti, The Wall of Winnipeg and Me)
- Megan Erickson (Trust the Focus, Strong Signal)
- Penny Reid (Neanderthal Seeks Human, Attraction: Elements of Chemistry, The Player and the Pixie)
- R.L. Mathewson (Playing for Keeps, Perfection, Checkmate)
- R.S. Grey (Settling the Score, Out of Bounds)
- Sara Ney (The Studying Hours, The Failing Hours, The Learning Hours)
- Sarina Bowen (Bittersweet, Rookie Move, Goodbye Paradise)
- Sawyer Bennett (Off Sides, Alex, Sugar Daddy)
- T. Torrest (Remember When, Remember When Two, Remember When Three)
- Tessa Bailey (Protecting What’s His, Too Close to Call)
- Tijan (Fallen Crest High, Kian, Anti-Stepbrother)
- Vi Keeland (Worth the Fight, Egomaniac, Cocky Bastard)
Right now, you can try the first month FREE. What do you have to lose? If you decide you love it, it’s $14.95 a month if you’re not an Audible or Kindle Unlimited subscriber. Do you subscribe to either of those services? Then it’s just $6.95 a month.
If you’re not already a Audible or Kindle Unlimited subscriber and you want to get the discounted rate, sign up for Audible (first time subscribers get two audiobooks FREE!) or Kindle Unlimited (first time subscribers get one month FREE) now.
Now, if this whole borrowing books thing doesn’t sound like your speed, don’t forget you can always look for Whispersync deals on ebooks you already own. I’m a book hoarder, so I do it all. 😉
Are you an audiobook addict?
Do you plan to give the Audible Romance Package a try?
If you already have, what books are YOU finding that you love?