Happy Sunday! How was your week?
Last week was pretty tame for me, all in all. I spent a couple hours Wednesday evening at the National Press Club with some other awesome DC-area bloggers for the launch of Eleanor Herman’s Legacy of Kings. Now, in all honesty, I snuck out before the official launch event, but I had a great time at the wine and cheese mixer beforehand. I wasn’t sure it was a book I would enjoy, but I think I’m starting to warm to it. Maybe I’ll add it to my TBR after all.
Not that night! Whoop whoop!
Me and some of the lovely ladies of YADC. (Thanks, Hannah, for the photo.)
Obligatory “we really were here” photo. (Photo credit: Hannah.)
The only other real thing of note from last week is that some of my friends and I have decided to take on the 21 Day Fix. One of our friends had fantastic results and her story was a huge inspiration. I don’t have any idea how successful I will be, but I’m actually excited to get started. I’m waiting on the package to show up, but I’m slowly weaning myself off sugar so it isn’t as much of a shock to my system when the time comes. I probably won’t start until after I return from my trip to Pittsburgh the weekend of September 11-14 because I think my first week of the challenge probably shouldn’t be tackled while traveling. Regardless of when I start, it’s going to be interesting. I’m anxious, but excited. So I’m taking that as a good sign.
I hope this week flies by. Which, because I start vacation on Thursday, it won’t. But the awesome thing is, once I make it to Thursday, I don’t return to the office until September 15. Huzzah! It’s mostly a staycation, which I’m totally psyched about, but I’m also going to see my folks and attend the Black & Gold Author Event in Pittsburgh. There I will be reunited with two of my bookish besties – Betsy and Kaitlan – and finally meet three of my most favoritest authors – Krista & Becca Ritchie and Kristen Ashley. I CAN’T WAIT.
OH! And do you like giveaways? I mean, who doesn’t? I have three going on right now – two on Twitter and one on Facebook. Just in case you’d like to check them out. Just click the photo to hit up the post!
Now, how’s about I share my latest additions and my posts from last week? 🙂
This week’s additions to my eReader and shelves!
Thanks to Avon Books, Sourcebooks Casablanca, Harper Teen, Balzer + Bray, and Greenwillow Books for these titles for review!
I won this stack of awesome from Vangie @ Painful Reads. Thank you!
Since I found a copy of Lola and the Boy Next Door (with the original cover) on Book Outlet, I’ve been searching for a copy of Anna and the French Kiss (with the original cover) to add to my shelves. I found this one on Amazon. And SURPRISE it was signed!
I won a book of my choice from TBD from Krista @ Krista’s Dust Jacket. I picked this gorgeous UK copy of On Dublin Street. Thanks, Krista!
Thank you, Atria, for this surprise! Eeep!
And last, but definitely not least, I have the books (I decided to keep) from the awesome goody bag I got at the Eleanor Herman event!
Here’s a little snapshot of my blogging week. 🙂
This week’s reviews:
- [23 Aug] Sustained by Emma Chase ★★★★★
- [24 Aug] In the Dark by Monica Murphy ★★★★
- [25 Aug] Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines ★★★★
- [26 Aug] Blurred Lines by Lauren Layne ★★★★
- [29 Aug] Ride Steady by Kristen Ashley ★★★★★
- [29 Aug] Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley ★★★★★
- [29 Aug] Own the Wind by Kristen Ashley ★★★★★
- [29 Aug] Fire Inside by Kristen Ashley ★★★★
This week’s posts:
- [23 Aug] That’s a Wrap Weekly 
- [23 Aug] Booking Through Summer Blogger Spotlight: Christina from LuLo Fangirl
- [24 Aug] Bout of Books 14: Wrap Up
- [26 Aug] Booking Through Summer Author Spotlight: First Five Books on My eReader Right Now by Elle Kennedy
Just a few of the things I’ve found interesting from the blogosphere over the last few days.
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction has a great posts about spoilers.
- Katie @ Katie’s Book Blog is sharing her latest Etsy obsession with us. And it’s SUPER cute!
- Nikki @ There Were Books Involved wants to know if you read excerpts.
- If you’re a book blogger, Nori @ Read Write Love has some questions for you.
- Ashley @ Nosegraze has a wonderful reminder that Freedom of Speech doesn’t encompass all the things people tend to think it does!
- And now through 9/1/15, Book Outlet has a coupon for $20 off a $60 purchase! Unreal!